Friday, March 27, 2015

WorldCat and More

1.  There are lots of ways to ask for information, more than I would ever use but I am sure Librarians need several methods to reveal all the data they want.

2.  I chose to look for a book with the title "The Witness".  Since this was a key phase search for books I got 1,077 results for books with "The Witness" in the title.  These books are located in 2,442 libraries.  The library at the top of the list is "Augustana".

3.  I had to scroll awhile to find the class descriptor but I did and it is PS3552.R718.  I found that Sandra Brown has written a large number of books and Witness in the title is popular.  There were several other areas listed such as:  Descriptors, an Abstract and Geographic location of the plot.

Personally I don't think I would be an everyday user of this but if I wanted to find a library that had a book I wanted to read and I was out of town that would be a good place to look it up quickly.

1 comment:

  1. WorldCat has a lot of information--as you mention, it isn't something everyone uses everyday but if you want to find books quickly, this is the spot!

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete