Friday, March 27, 2015

Gale Virtual Reference Library

1.  I went to the home page and clicked on the list of titles and picked "The Gale Encyclopidia of Medicine, 2011 Vol. 3".  I then went to the Index to find a specific area of interest and looked up Anemias just to see what was there.  Boy, I never realized how many different types of blood problems a person could have just to keep that blood "red".  The article included definitions of anemia types with descriptions of each along with how to treat or prevent the problem or that it was incurable.

2.  I went to the home page and put in the word "zinc".  The results were many and I picked out the one that discussed how you can be affected by a lack of zinc in your body.  The only sure way to get zinc (other than eating dirt where zinc is know to be) is to either take a supplement or eat meat.  So much for becoming a vegan.

3.  Looked at a couple of the other blogs but those people are still writing a lot more than I am so I really don't want to do that anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting finds in GVRL! GVRL has a lot of content--some other interesting titles are the American Decades set and the Mythology title.

    Your posts are fine! Thanks for your observations and answering the questions asked.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete