Friday, March 27, 2015

Ebooks on EBSCO

1.  Looked for books about blood diseases.  Got alot of books that really didn't meet my exact requirement but found the "most relevant" area showed in those that were medicine oriented, which book really answered my questions.  There seemed to be alot of weeding you would have to do to make your query specific enough to avoid looking at all the extraneous data that will more than likely appear on your screen.

2.  Struggled with Constitution Day until I did a smart query and used the "Most Relevant" information box on the bottom line of that book's display section.  I found a specific reference to "Constitution Day" in "Representin Popular Sovereignty: The Constitution in American Political Culture" by Daniel Lessard Levin.  The "most revelant" are had an excerpt of a paragraph that told me Constitution Day is on 17th of September when the Constitution was signed by the last thirty-nine members of the Constitutional Convention.  Not that I didn't know that but it was always on my calendar but no one seems to really observe it very much.

3.  I found 88 results and the 10 that appeared on the screen were all published by the University of Nebraska press.

1 comment:

  1. Nice searching! I'm glad you were able to use the "most relevant" information--I find that a useful feature in Ebooks on Ebsco. This resource can really expand your library's nonfiction section and is a good tool to use when you've exhausted the options in the library.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete